Cannabidiol has revolutionized cosmetics, as it has proven to have several properties that help improve skin and hair, appearing in a large number of products such as masks, shampoos and oils. CBD for hair growth has shown good results that could be the solution for thousands of people.
Slowed hair growth and hair loss
Many people wonder how does CBD help hair growth? To understand a little better, we must know the growth cycle of our hair, which develops in several phases.
- Anagen phase: It is characterized by regular hair growth, lasting from 1 to 6 years. It can grow up to one centimeter per month.
- Catagen phase: The hair stops growing because the keratinocytes begin to degenerate until they die, in this phase the hair loses blood supply and detaches from the dermal papilla, which will lead to its death. It lasts from 2 to 4 weeks.
- Telogen phase: This is the period when the hair that has died begins to fall out, it can last between 3 to 4 months. It can fall out naturally, by brushing.
- Latency period: This phase can occur when the follicle prepares to enter the anagen phase again, during which it remains inactive.
When there are hair growth or hair loss problems, we must evaluate the different causes that may be involved.
- Stress: Hair follicles are sensitive to emotional states, as they are linked to hormonal changes, developing excessive hair loss.
- Genetics: It plays an important role, baldness when it is hereditary is very complicated when it comes to treating it.
- Anemia: Lack of iron leads to hair loss.
- Hormonal changes: During pregnancy, menopause or when suffering from a disease such as polycystic ovary, the hair growth cycle is altered.
Can CBD help hair growth?
Is CBD really effective in helping hair growth? The hair follicle together with the sebaceous glands make up the pilosebaceous complex, which is regulated by the endocannabinoid system. CBD is recognized as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, it contains omega-3, 6 and 9 fatty acids, which contribute to improve the appearance of skin and hair.
When CBD comes into contact with CB1 and CB2 receptors, it starts to work its magic, but it will also depend on the individual. There are cases where, at high concentrations, it can cause an abrupt entry into the catagen phase and stop hair growth, so you should know how to use the product and not abuse it.
Several studies have been conducted on CBD and alopecia (baldness). The results showed a significant increase of hair, especially in men. A dose of 3 to 4 mg daily was effective.
It was also shown that it can be administered together with other drugs to grow hair, since their mechanism of action is different. So it could have a synergistic effect.
Not only is it recommended for hair loss, it is a safe alternative with no serious side effects as is the case with other treatments of a hormonal nature.
Endocannabinoid system and hair growth
The endocannabinoid system is a complete system that is connected by biochemical signals. It is responsible for looking after our well-being and safeguarding various areas of our body. It is extremely important, since with its study we understand better how our organism behaves, although today we still have a lot to discover.
Hair growth is related to the endocannabinoid system, because there are CB1 receptors in the skin and hair follicle. Anandamide (AEA) and 2-AG (2-arachidonylglycerol) two endocannabinoids have been found in the hair follicle. Studies have found hemp cannabinoids in people who consume cannabis or any of its products.
This would support the research on the case, which confirms the presence of cannabinoid receptors in the hair follicle and that these are sensitive to cannabinoids such as CBD.
Endocannabinoid CB1 receptors regulate hair growth, cannabinoids that bind will stimulate hair growth, while those that block the receptor will stop hair loss.
We should also mention that the vanilloid receptors 1 and 4, sensitive to CBD. They are responsible for regulating hair growth. On the other hand, CBD regulates aspects related to skin inflammation, sebum production and hair nutrition, important aspects for hair to grow healthy and strong.
We can summarize three important aspects of how CBD intervenes in hair growth:
- It reduces the activity of CB1 receptors in the follicle, stimulating hair growth.
- It binds to the vanilloid receptors (TRPV1 and TRPV4) promoting hair growth by modifying the hair cycle.
- When small doses of CBD are administered, it activates the TRPVA4 vanilloid receptors, favoring capillary growth.
Caring for your hair with CBD
When you start including CBD in your hair routine, you will start to notice big changes. One of the most common ways to apply CBD to your hair is through oil, but there are also CBD masks and shampoos that will help you restore vitality and shine.
Benefits of CBD for hair:
- Relieves dryness.
- Reduces scalp inflammation.
- Softens hair.
- Provides nutrients.
- Increases blood flow to the hair follicle.
From our website you can purchase various hair products, such as CBD oil, an excellent natural and chemical-free option.
CBD for hair growth has proven to be very effective, being used in low doses guarantees its safety and does not trigger side effects. It represents a natural alternative for both men and women.
There are several studies that support its use, and it has also been shown to be safe to use with other medications for hair loss, enhancing its effects.
You can give this product a chance to combat hair loss, not only on your scalp, but also on your eyebrows and beard. In addition, CBD has an added value that helps your skin and hair look better, healthier and more radiant.